Thursday, July 30, 2015

Falling Apart




If only I Could Tell You

Up early on this cold fall morn
just sitting here thinking of you,
knowing how much you long to come here,
and how much I long to go there, too.

http://www.zim.com/countrysites/americas/pages/americas.aspx

I can’t imagine what you go through
each and every day,
knowing a family has already chosen you,
yet not understanding the delay.

Your brother wrote me a heartfelt plea
to press on to bring you home.
He asked me to always love you
in a way you’ve never been shown.

Your sister touched a nerve
when she asked about her room,
not knowing it belonged to her,
nor that it’s awaited her since June.

You sounded so down and quiet
as you wrote my name down on your page.
Did you crave that love of a mother
that you lost at a very young age?

When I learn contentment in the waiting,
the three of you tug on my heart strings.
If only I could tell you
all we have been doing.


If only you knew the whole story
of this journey to bring you home.
I cling to my dreams of that day,
hoping it will soon come.



No comments:

Post a Comment