Thursday, August 6, 2015

So deeply sorry

My Sincerest Apologies

My heart is once again in pieces,
and there's no sense to all this mess.
How could loving two abandoned children
turn into such a hopeless quest?

We gave it all we had to give,
faithful to the call.
We made every preparation,
yet ran straight into a wall.

This time they say it's final,
the decision has been made.
Much to all of our surprise,
Their first decision stayed.

My little ones, can I tell you
How deeply sorry I am?
How I wish to turn the hands of time
back to where this all began.

All the hope we intended to give you
actually took your hope away.
Now I can hardly believe
you aren't coming home someday.

If we had never met you,
you'd surely have a family by now.
I'm sorry we held you back,
that your home has not been found.

Deep down in my heart,
I know God still has a plan.
But why you had to lose a family twice,

I don't think I'll ever understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment