Sunday, July 5, 2015

An Answer We Didn’t Expect


My soul is weary with sorrow; 
strengthen me 
according to your word. 
Psalm 119:28

The Call

So long I have waited
to finally get the call,
built up such anticipation
after climbing many a wall.

We saw our God move mountains,
we watched Him part the sea.
We saw money fall from Heaven
for this adoption to really be.

God's fingerprints were evident
As He opened wide the door,
We never lacked a penny
And were even blessed with more.

So many rallied around us,
and carried us in prayer,
We didn’t foresee this path,
yet we knew God led us there.

Today when I saw who called,
My heart completely skipped a beat.
Was this the call we awaited?
I could barely stay in my seat!

I never could have imagined
what I was about to be told.
Our petition to adopt denied,
The words still seem so cold.

After all of the hurdles we jumped,
after passing each approval we sought,
after giving our lives to these children,
I never felt so distraught.

Could we send more information?
Could we visit them like we'd said?
Is there any way to appeal this?
Now what lies ahead?

I’m overwhelmed with confusion.
Do I grieve or do I fight?
I sit here speechless, in utter shock,

Wishing this dark tunnel had more light.

No comments:

Post a Comment