Friday, August 21, 2015

Still walking

I counted it a blessing when I heard music beat in my heart again by the end of April that year. The passion and rhyme returned as poetry stirred within my soul. Words flowed from my pen, and I started to process and connect the recent past with the present and the future.


Still Walking . . .

Hearing Your call
so loud and so clear,
we had no other choice
but to swallow our fear.

We took every step
as a step in the dark,
not knowing what followed,
or if we hit the mark.

Would we have enough money?
That was our number one doubt.
Yet we knew that our God
Already planned it all out.

Would we have enough patience
to handle the change?
Was this parenting challenge
completely out of our range?

Every question that surfaced
He answered with peace.
He placed a call on our lives,
thus our fears had to cease.

He provided the money,
we were never in need.
He provided other families
whose advice we could heed.

It all came together,
our lives were prepared.
We eagerly awaited
a challenge many wouldn't dare.

Yet all we prepared for,
all the needs God met,
all for a journey with
a destination we know not yet.

So we continue walking
one blind step at a time,
not knowing where we're headed,

Even tragedy has a purpose,
so I continue to believe
God is still at work


while He gives me time to grieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment