Sunday, January 10, 2016

The picture not shown

The Picture We Didn't See

I’ll never forget those fourteen pictures
that brought your brother and sister to me,
the way they captured my heart,
as if there were only two I could see.

The other twelve filled a background,
so for those two I began to pray.
A desire to meet them grew strong,
we soon were on our way.

Things fell into place,
so naturally it seemed.
Our calling so certain
as we lived out our dream.

No one had a clue
God had other plans in mind.
The path He led us on,
now just about to wind.

After months of reexamining
and asking where we missed a turn,
we found you stranded on the highway,
so lost and lonely we’d soon learn.

We gave you hope you didn’t believe in,
a love you didn’t know.
We encourage you daily to turn to Jesus
to lift you when you’re low.

Today I remembered those pictures,
and now I am keenly aware
He drew my heart to your siblings’ photos
because YOUR picture … wasn’t there.

No comments:

Post a Comment