Sunday, October 18, 2015

Surprised by grace

Surprised by Grace


Just when I thought the curtain
finally closed on the show,
when I thought I said goodbye,
accepting there’d be things I’d never know …

I put them in Your hands
when You said, “Let them go, dear one,
trust Me fully with this sacrifice
so I can finish what I have begun.”

Then Your grace appeared,
and You gave me new eyes to see
more of the work You’ve been doing
in the almost forgotten child number three.

I didn’t see it coming,
or know he, too, needed me
to daily say I love him,
and pray for him faithfully.

I didn’t see the difference
God wanted me to make in his life,
nor of the Hope I could give him
to work through his internal strife.

I didn’t have any clue
the hope and healing he’d give to me
through pictures and acts of gratitude
for loving his family.

Still orphans they remain today,
still brokenhearted I am,
yet confident God still works
to finish what He began.

I won’t cease to intercede for them.
I will carry them daily in prayer.
I trust their Father completely
and know they’re safe within His care.

I long for the day to come
when I meet that third child face to face,
yet I know I can’t even fathom
how God will surprise me by grace.


Grace from God

No comments:

Post a Comment