Sunday, October 11, 2015

Extraordinary Faith

God proceeded to restore us. Little by little, He revealed glimpses of how He redeemed our story. We learned what it really meant to walk by faith.
I came home a few days later from the bookstore with a new book, Sheila Walsh’s Extraordinary Faith[1]. I devoured it, marking up every other page along the way. She reminded me throughout the book that faith doesn’t just trust the answers will come someday. It trusts God whether we ever get answers or not. Faith doesn’t mean everything will all work out in the end. No matter what news we get, God will never abandon us or leave our side. Faith trusts in the security and constant presence of a Savior. We still hurt, but in the midst of the hurt, enough grace comes each day to get us through.
I believed I possessed strong faith throughout the entire adoption process and later through the appeal. I see now I had it all wrong. I finally understand what it means to live by faith and to experience the grace that holds me together each day.



[1] Extraordinary Faith, Sheila Walsh, 2005, Thomas Nelson.

Extraordinary Faith : God's Perfect Gift for Every Woman's Heart, Sheila Walsh



Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. 
Hebrews 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment