Sunday, June 14, 2015

To Walk in your Shoes


To Walk in your Shoes
(To Juan David)

Each day seems an eternity,
waiting for this process to go through.
As much as my heart aches,
I wonder what it's like for you.

You've known almost all along
that we'd come for you someday.
You said it excited you
that our plans were underway.

We diligently pressed on
while you and I talked casually over the phone.
How often have you wondered
 when we'd bring you home?

Has your heart been torn between
your hope to come and longing to stay?
Do you even struggle
knowing you'll leave the orphanage some day?

They described you as a good kid,
a great attitude you had,
Respectful and obedient,
though not having a family made you sad.

What have you had to suffer?
What have you had to work through?
When did you last hear from your mother?
Will it be hard to call me Mom, too?

I'm longing to finally see you again
to help mend where your heart may be bruised,
to see things from your perspective,
to know what it's like to walk in your shoes.

My son, it's been a long road--
longer even for you than for me.
Keep holding on to your hopes

To soon be part of our family.



 
Shoes...(1) Stock Images

No comments:

Post a Comment