Sunday, April 19, 2015

Could those be my children?

Post your #PrayerRequest on Instapray. Download the free prayer app. #Pray with the whole world ------> www.instapray.com
 
Could those be my children?
A simple summer awaited us,
A few months of peace and rest,
A chance to finish up paperwork
for the child with whom we’d be blessed.

Yet such peace wouldn't surround me,
Neither to continue our process nor to stop.
I felt no sense of direction,
I begged for an answer to drop.

Within minutes of uttering my teary prayer,
I found two little faces on my computer screen.
A sibling pair from Colombia,
A little girl and a male preteen.

My heart immediately drew my attention
to the question now on my mind.
Could those be my children?
Was this the answer I sought to find?

We began to pray for them daily.
They soon became a part of us.
We made arrangements to meet them,
surprised at how easy it was.

Everything went so smoothly
from planning to actually meeting face to face.
God granted us favor in the eyes of so many.
We knew we stood in our appointed place.

We fell in love with the children
and can already envision them as our own.
Obstacles still stand around us,
yet in my heart such hope has grown.

For the moment I'm at peace
as I wait for an answer from above.
I pray for strength in whatever outcome,
as I stare at their faces, completely in love.

If these are not my children
I know somehow they are part of the plan.
He brought them down my path for a reason
So on that hope I continue to stand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment