Saturday, March 12, 2016

United at Last!



“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11

Who Could Have Imagined?


The kids had all been chosen,
carefully selected to participate
in a summer full of adventures,
scattered all over the United States.

Each child came with a story,
some of abandonment, neglect, or abuse,
but they all came in search of a family.
What more did they have to lose?

Though your own time already passed,
too old to be chosen to come,
you bravely sent off your siblings.
I’m sure your heart went numb.

You were convinced they’d join a family,
and your dreams for them would come true,
but who in the world could have imagined
 they instead found a family for you?


God’s ways are so mysterious,
and sometimes hurt more than I can say,
but now that I have you as my son,
I wouldn’t want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment